Saturday, March 6, 2010

I ran 8.25 miles sort of

So I went with my friend Jennifer to run 10 miles. I decided last night to run 8 and stick with my training plan. We went to a park where there is an 8 mile loop. It was pretty hilly which I'm not used to but it wasn't so bad. The first 3 miles weren't so fun but that is usually the case for me and long runs. By 4 miles I was in the zone and loving it. I stopped at 5 miles and got a drink then the path turned to snow!! I ran up on the road that was parallel to the path for about 1.5 miles then I had to go back to the path. It stunk! I kept slipping so then I had to walk to save my ankles. Then I thought I'd take another path which turned into mud. So not really having fun at this point. My only saving grace was this other woman in front of me. I kept thinking if I fall she is my life-line. I managed to close the gap with her and the last mile had a small melted path. So I ended up running 8.25 miles in 79 minutes. Not too bad considering I stopped and walked on the ice. I walked two miles after the run which was a really welcomed cool down.

5 comments:

Becca said...

wow, that is a great run. Sorry to hear about the snow and mud. Good speed though. You are amazing. I just ran 8 miles today too, but a little slower than you:)I did it in 90 minutes. Keep it up.

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

Good job Summer!

David and Jana said...

Good job! I'm so glad you get to be out doing something you enjoy! How is your family?? We haven't heard in a while! Hope eveyone is doing well! I miss your posts!

Marks said...

Glad to hear about your running! Brian ran a marathon last year and is planning another one. I can't seem to get past the 3-4 miles. Hope your family is doing well. Still think about you guys and good ole Lakeview once in a while.
Jody

Vivian said...

Don't get those Nikes muddy, it slows you down. Great job Summer.

Dad