Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Random thoughts

Monday I came downstairs to find N telling me that C just ate a cherry from the wonderful game "Hi Ho Cherry Oh The counting game." Sadly I didn't count how many cherries we had before N fed one to C. I don't know if its bad but I'm going to hope it just comes out on its own and not go searching for it.

Wednesday while I was reading a book, N tried to stick a rock up my nose. I asked her to stop and then I heard a little cry. You guessed it, she stuck the rock up her own nose. Luckily, my niece did this once and I was at the doctors office when they took it out. I knew just what to do.

So as to not leave R out of the picture, a few weeks ago my in-laws were coming to visit. I was busy trying to get everything done before they arrived. I had several lists and I still seemed to be forgetting things. I felt frazzled and was trying to gain some order. The kids were with me and we had just pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store, and I told the kids to hop out. As R was climbing out I noticed he had on one church shoe and one tennis shoe. I asked him why he had on different shoes and he simply replied, "you said to get into the car and I couldn't find my other shoe." Bless that boy. What do you do with a stressed out mom and no matching shoes? You find what ever you can and get in the car. I just had to laugh.

I've been thinking recently of what things I couldn't do without:
1. Clorox wipes- bathrooms are so much easier to clean
2. Frozen meals- it saves $$ compared to eating out when its been a long day
3. A husband that puts the older kids to bed- I'm a good mom until around 7:30pm
4. A great book to read- my favorite escape when everyone is quietly playing
5. Zumba- I can't get over how fun this is
6. BBQ- the smell, the taste, need I say more
7. A great run- I love running

4 comments:

Megan said...

You crack me up! I love your kiddos!

David and Jana said...

You're outlook is so refreshing. Summer, you are so not alone!! I have forgotten about frozen meals.

Jackie said...

Your kids are so funny! Never a dull moment! How DO you get a rock out of their nose, I wonder? I love that "I'm a good mom until 7:30 comment" because that is totally how I feel, except I don't think I last that long!

Kari Dawn said...

Hi, It's me! I was going thru deleting old e-mails and I came across the one you sent out when you started a blog! I had not a clue what to do with it! Till now! I am slowly learning the ins and outs of blogging. Summer, you are still the same and I am so glad! Your kids, 3 now are perfect! R is so big! Check out our page, it is not fab as I am still learning, but we would love to hear from you!
kd