Saturday, March 27, 2010

Great runs

Monday was speedwork and it was GREAT! I watched Charade with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. I ran 5 1/2 miles. I really think this is the key to me running faster and keeping up my stamina.
Wednesday I ran 6 miles with a friend. I ran at her pace which was much slower but I felt so great. I could have easily run another 3 miles. It made me re-think how I should run this half-marathon. Before I was running fast and maintaining the pace but by the end I was always exhausted. In fact before the end I start to slow down. When I ran slow and steady I felt great and kept along. I don't know, I have to think about this some more.
Thursday I did Zumba.
Saturday...I just needed to know I could do it. So I ran 12 MILES!!! I am running farther than I ever have before!! Mentally I needed to get over this hump that I couldn't run more than 9 miles without struggling. I didn't think about the miles I just pulled my hat down, faced the wind, and ran. I felt like I found my zone by 2 miles in. It was awesome. I also had my friend with me to run along side for about 8 miles of it. So I wasn't trying to be fast at all I just went for distance but here are the stats 2 hours 7 minutes for 12 miles.
So 23 1/2 miles this week!!
Good times.

4 comments:

Amy F. P. said...

Wow! I am unbelievably impressed. Way to go!

Marks said...

It's fun hearing about your running. Brian is way into running and ran a half-marathon a couple of weeks ago. Yes, if you guys are in Utah over the summer, it definitely would be fun to get together. Hope you are all well!

Larisa said...

That's awesome, Summer! Only now I can appreciate your time. That is fast, especially for 12 miles.

OPORG said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-melihat-dm-instagram-di-web